It’s a start

Stand up straight, smile, hold your head high and keep a steady hand. Breathe, focus, and be better than the rest. Be assertive but diplomatic and never raise your voice or you will wear a label. You will be the bitch, the emotional wreck or the shrill one. Kindness is your weakness and your strength so use it wisely. Be fearless and make mistakes. Own them, learn from them and move on. Wear heels and walk on air. Perhaps more than anything, make it look easy.

I feel this perfect control 95% of the time. My hand is steady and I have learned that in moments when it really counts, I can look fear in the eyes, take a deep breath and speak calmly and clearly. I still need that remaining 5% to fall apart from time to time.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s