My blog title is a tribute to Walt Whitman “That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.” I chose Steel Verse because steel represents strength but is also a tribute to something that has been very personal in my life. Thank you to those who called me Dagny when I needed it most.
I am writing simply to write and because I promised myself that I would. This is not intended to follow a specific theme or topic, it is simply my personal writings that I have decided to share. A while back I worked on a blog that focused on getting through a divorce to a genuinely awful person. It certainly helped me at the time but has served its purpose and I wanted to start something new.
Some little facts about me for the inquiring mind:
- I am in my 30’s and lucky enough to be married to a man with kind eyes, a big heart and a beautiful soul.
- My family is incredible and supportive and loving. I have been unbelievably blessed by this.
- I do not consider myself to be a literary genius but I enjoy writing a great deal.
- I value the lost art of taking pen to paper to write.
- I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and flown in a perfectly tiny one as well!
- My journey through life has been beautiful and hard at times, but always full of love.
- By next year I want to climb Mount Washington again. I have the trail in mind which is the same one I climbed as a kid with my family.
- I feel at home when I can hear the ocean.
That’s probably enough about me so thank you for reading!